Friday 31 October 2008

PAST WORK

I thought I'd do something different today and post some samples of my past work. The editorial stuff has been in the last couple of years. All the other design work has been from the deep dark past from college till just a few years ago. I have more work than this, but these are what I have at hand digitally at the moment and can upload quickly.

Layout for a business that makes the Atom Car here in Somerset. A very fast car because its so light.I really love doing layouts that involve nature. Not only do I learn more about the subjects, but it lends to such an organic layout that I find not only interseting to lookat but draws the eye in. You cant help but look.

In college we were blessed with meeting the machines of Loving Grace. They were an industrial band that didnt receive the credit they desrved. You can find one of theirsongs on the Crow soundtrack. I was into this kind of stuff back then. I still like the look of it, but the market became just so saturated with it, and like all things lost its edge.



A sereis of menus I did for the Hard Rock Cafe, when I lived on Guam. It looks a mess today, but it was cutting edge back in the day. This stuff works when done properly but with everybody and their grandma having photoshop these days, very few people can do it.

Well, thats my post for now. I like looking at p[eoples sketches. I think you can tell a lot how they work by studying them. Ill be putting more up soon.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: